- Pointers on how to apply:
- Undercover agent survive BBC One from 12: 15 GMT; hear on BBC Radio 5 dwell and BBC native radio; textual shriek material commentary on the BBC Sport internet website
Brentford will most likely be with out winger Said Benrahma, whose father died this week.
Diversified absentees may per chance presumably well per chance consist of Pontus Jansson and Mathias Jensen, who neglected final weekend’s scheme against Huddersfield because of injuries.
Leicester striker Jamie Vardy is out with a glute harm and is a doubt for Tuesday’s Carabao Cup semi-final, whereas Nampalys Mendy faces an absence of 4 to six weeks because of a knee distress.
Manager Brendan Rodgers has hinted at starting up a couple of of his youthful gamers.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
Jonathan Pearce: So well-known depends on the strength of the crew choice here.
Brentford made nine changes for the third-round tie against Stoke when they had been nine aspects off the automated Championship promotion places. Now they’ve narrowed the outlet to 5 and possess Nottingham Wooded field on Tuesday in a gigantic game.
Thomas Frank is no longer in point of fact inclined to possibility his 34-scheme front three of Benrahma, Mbeumo and Watkins.
Leicester possess the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Villa on Tuesday. Certainly that can resolve precedence for Brendan Rodgers, even though sending out a weakened aspect threatens his 31-game unbeaten speed in domestic cups.
Folks are billing this the final cup tie at Griffin Park. I’m no longer sure. I sniff a shock – nevertheless equipped that Brentford’s choice is intrepid. Otherwise Leicester’s second string can possess enough.
VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT
Brentford head coach Thomas Frank: “Within the event you blueprint no longer know about the FA Cup and also you reach to England as a coach then you definately haven’t followed football for the final I blueprint no longer know the arrangement decades.
“The FA Cup is the excellent and most well-known cup match on this planet and it has been proven 365 days after 365 days. We are in point of fact waiting for this game and would take to end as effectively as likely.”
Leicester City supervisor Brendan Rodgers: “I’m waiting for going attributable to or no longer it is their final 365 days at Griffin Park before they transfer.
“I feeble to head there with Chelsea reserves – we paid for the altering rooms to be improved. With any luck they’re peaceable wanting excellent.
“We can possess a crew that’s terribly enthralling and that we in point of fact feel can bewitch the game.”
I seek info from Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers will most likely be centered on securing a top-four space and Champions League football in space of the FA Cup and, if he does set up out a weakened aspect, this tie goes to be very complicated for them. Brentford are pretty creative and a bad aspect.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
- Brentford and Leicester final met in January 1993, when the Foxes gained 3-1 within the second tier.
- This is their first FA Cup stumble on since 1948-49 – Leicester possess gained all three previous ties.
- Brentford are the Championship’s make a selection up crew, with an unsurpassed five wins and 17 aspects from eight games.
- They reached the FA Cup fifth round for the first time in 13 years final season.
- The Bees are alive to to reach the final 16 in successive seasons for only the second time, having done so in 2004-05 and 2005-06.
- They’ve only improved from one of their past 12 FA Cup ties against top-flight opponents, beating Sunderland 2-1 in January 2006.
- The Foxes possess no longer gone past the FA Cup quarter-finals since 1982.
- Leicester possess also been knocked out away to decrease league opposition in two of the past three seasons: 1-0 at Millwall (then in League One) in 2017 and 2-1 at Newport of League Two final 365 days.
- However, Brendan Rodgers has improved from six successive FA Cup ties against decrease league opposition since dropping 3-2 to Oldham Athletic within the fourth round in 2012-13 as Liverpool boss.
- Rodgers is unbeaten in 31 British cup fits since an FA Cup semi-final defeat with Liverpool in 2015.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe